Man pours kerosene sets himself ablaze in public in Surat
Surat (Gujarat) [India]: A 46-year-old man set himself on fire by pouring kerosene in public at Samrod village in Sachin on late Tuesday night. The man was under mental stress due to his deteriorating financial condition, police said.
Anwar Abdul Chatur, 46, a resident of Samrod village near Sachin poured kerosene on his body and set himself ablaze in front of the people of the village. The victim was rushed to the Apple hospital located at Udhana Darwaja where he succumbed during the treatment.
According to the Sachin police, the deceased was employed as a cook in the restaurant and was mentally disturbed for the last many months due to his financial condition. A case has been registered and investigations are on.