To protect your privacy, The Blunt Times takes every precaution. If you have any questions or concerns about how your Personal Data is used, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. By using this website and/or our services, you agree that your personal data will be processed under the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Table of Contents
Definitions used in this Policy
Data protection principles we follow
What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
What Personal Data do we gather about you
How we use your Personal Data
Who else has access to your Personal Data
How we secure your data
Information about cookies
Personal Data — any information pertaining to a specific, specified, or identifiable natural person.
Processing refers to any operation or combination of operations done on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data.
A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed is referred to as a data subject.
A child is a natural person under the age of 16.
We/us (capitalised or uncapitalized) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- The processing is legal, fair, and transparent. Our Processing actions are lawful. Before processing Personal Data, we constantly consider your rights. On request, we will supply you with Processing information.
- Processing is restricted to the intended purpose. Our Processing actions are appropriate for the purpose for which Personal Data was collected.
- Processing is done with as little data as possible. We only collect and process the bare minimum of Personal Data required for any given purpose.
- There is a time limit on processing. We will not keep your data for any longer than is necessary.
- We will do everything possible to assure the data’s accuracy.
- We will do all possible to protect data integrity and confidentiality.
Data Subject’s rights
- Right to information – you have the right to know whether or not your Personal Data is being processed, as well as what data is being acquired, where it is coming from, and why and by whom it is being handled.
- Right of access – you have the right to see the data that has been collected from/about you. This includes the right to request and get a copy of the Personal Data collected about you.
- Right to correction – you have the right to request that erroneous or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or erased.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to have your Personal Data removed from your records in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to restrict the processing of your data if specific circumstances are met.
- Right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances, such as in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – this means that you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and that you will not be subjected to a decision based entirely on automated Processing. This right is yours to exercise whenever a result of profiling has legal consequences that concern or seriously affect you.
- Data portability – you have the right to have your Personal Data transferred to another Processor in a machine-readable format or, if that is not possible, as a direct transfer.
- Right to file a complaint – if we deny your request under the Rights of Access, we will explain why. Please contact us if you are dissatisfied with the way your request was handled.
- Right to seek the assistance of supervisory authority – this means you have the right to seek the assistance of a supervisory authority as well as other legal remedies such as suing for damages.
- Right to revoke consent – You have the right to revoke any consent you have granted for the processing of your data.
We collect data
We have received the information you have supplied us with.
This information may include your e-mail address, name, billing address, and home address – mostly information necessary for us to deliver a product/service to you or to improve your customer experience with us. We store the information you supply to enable you to comment or engage in other website activities. This information may include your name and e-mail address, for example.
Automatically collected information about you
This includes data that is retained automatically by cookies and other session-based techniques. For example, information about your shopping cart, your IP address, and your shopping history (if any). This data is analysed to help us enhance your customer experience. Your activity may be logged when you use our services or browse the content of our website.
Our partners’ information
We collect information from our trusted partners after confirming that they have the legal authority to share it with us. This is either information you explicitly submitted to them or information they collected about you through other lawful means.
The information available in the public domain
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personally Identifiable Information
We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to provide you with our service. This may include registering your account; providing you with additional products and services upon your request; providing you with promotional items upon your request and communicating with you regarding those products and services; communicating and interacting with you, as well as notifying you of any service changes.
- improve your customer experience;
- adhere to a legal or contractual requirement; We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
to identify you;
to provide you with a service or to send/offer you a product;
to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data to comply with legal obligations and/or to exercise legal rights. We reserve the right to anonymize and exploit any Personal Data obtained. We shall only utilise data that has been anonymized outside the scope of this Policy. We retain your billing information and other information about you for as long as necessary for accounting purposes or to comply with any legal responsibilities.
We might process your Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
the further Processing would not harm your interests and
there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Data with unaffiliated third parties. In some situations, we share personal data about you with our trusted partners to enable us to offer the service to you or to improve your customer experience. We share your information with the following parties:
We work with Processing partners who are capable of providing a sufficient level of protection for your Personal Data. When we are legally required to do so, we release your Personal Data to third parties or public agencies. We may disclose your Data to third parties with your consent or for other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We make every effort to safeguard your Personal Data. We communicate and transfer data via secure channels (such as HTTPS). Wherever possible, we anonymize and pseudonymize data. We constantly monitor our systems for weaknesses and assaults.
Despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. However, we commit to notifying appropriate authorities in the event of a data breach. Additionally, we will alert you if a threat to your rights or interests exists. We will take all reasonable steps to avoid security breaches and to help authorities in the case of a breach.
If you have an account with us, please keep your login and password confidential.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a little text file that your computer stores on your hard drive. Cookies are used to store information that enables websites to function properly. Only we have access to the cookies that our website creates. You can manage cookies on a per-browser basis. Disabling cookies may impair your ability to use some functions.
- Required cookies – These cookies enable you to utilise certain features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies do not collect or store any personally identifiable information.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies enable us to provide you with a more convenient service and to give you more personalised features. For instance, they may remember your name and e-mail address from comment forms, saving you from having to re-enter this information the next time you comment.
- Analytics cookies – These cookies are used to monitor how our website and services are used and performed.
- Advertising cookies – These cookies are used to offer relevant advertising based on your preferences and interests. Additionally, they are utilised to limit the number of times an advertisement is displayed. They are typically placed on websites with the agreement of the website owners by advertising networks. These cookies record your visit to a website and share this information with third parties such as advertising. Often, targeting or advertising cookies are associated with the functionality of the other organization’s website.
The Blunt Times
423, Green Aristo Plaza
Opp. DMart, Canal Road