Bomb Threat Emails Trigger Panic in 25 Gujarat Schools

Ahmedabad, Vadodara institutions evacuated; police, bomb squads launch massive search operation

Advertisement

Ahmedabad | Gujarat — Panic swept across Gujarat on Monday morning after more than 25 schools and a prominent university received chilling emails threatening to blow up their campuses. The coordinated Gujarat schools bomb threat email triggered mass evacuations in Ahmedabad and Vadodara, with bomb squads, dog squads and fire teams rushing to secure the premises.

Official sources confirmed that nearly 10 schools in Vadodara and 15 schools in Ahmedabad, along with Nirma University, received threatening emails. The messages allegedly contained inflammatory content targeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah, warning that “Gujarat will become Khalistan” and that “Hindustan will be divided into pieces.”

Police officials described the threats as serious and immediately initiated large-scale security checks. “On the orders of the City Police Commissioner, checking is going on in more than 15 schools. So far, no untoward incident has taken place,” said D.P. Unadkat, PI of Ahmedabad SOG. “Our teams are thoroughly investigating the origin of these emails.”

Among the Vadodara schools evacuated were D.R. Amin (Vasana Road), Urmi School (Samasavali), Nalanda (Waghodia Road), Baroda High School (Bagikhana) and Bright Day School (Vasana). In Ahmedabad, institutions such as DAV International School (Makarba), Asia School (Vastrapur), J.G. International School, C.N. Vidyalaya and others were cleared as a precaution.

At Urmi School in Vadodara, even the hostel premises were evacuated to ensure student safety. Parents gathered anxiously outside school gates as security personnel combed classrooms, parking areas and school buses.

Senior police officials stated that cyber teams are tracing the source of the emails and examining whether the threats are linked or part of a coordinated attempt to create panic.

Authorities have appealed to citizens to remain calm. “There is no need to panic. All precautionary measures are being taken,” an official said.

Advertisement